Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Research Log Entry
The boolean searching method was something that I knew existed but I never knew that it had a name, but it all now makes complete sense. I never really even thaught about "authority" in the context of researching. But I did know about wikipedia not being a reliable or a source of "authority", all my teachers in high school told me to never use wikipedia on a works cited or bibliography page because it lacks authority.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Authority is a word that comes from "author" and this is a very important evaluative technique because the author needs to be someone whom you can trust. Evidence of this might include academic credentials or testimonials from other reliable individuals, something that makes this person stand out as an expert in his or her field.
ReplyDeleteYou needed to give me two other evaluative techniques in this posting.